Therapy for lesbian, gay, Bisexual, trans, Queer and intersex (LGBT-QI) clients
Are you LGBT-QI and looking for a therapist who understands your Needs without being judged?
I have a strong commitment and many years of experience working with the East Bay / Oakland LGBT-QI community. I am an active member of Gaylesta (The Psychotherapist Association for Gender & Sexual Diversity) and have experience and training working with our Bay Area Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Queer, Intersex and Trans community. My experience includes previously working at Oakland agencies specializing in LGBT-QI adults and LGBT-QI youth.
My work with LGBT-QI individuals is both from a mental health and social justice perspective as I believe that part of negative experiences of LGBT-QI individuals stems from our cultural, systematic oppression and stigmatization. This may or may not be something you would like to address, but in my office, this topic is welcome for further exploration. My offices have private, gender neutral bathrooms located on the same floor as my office.
Some of the typical complaints I work with include:
- Panic attacks
- Grief and loss
- Relationship concerns
- Communication concerns
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Sexuality and gender issues
THerapy for Trans clients
I work with trans clients allowing you to define your identity in a way that makes sense for you. I offer guidance and support for wherever you are in your process, including deciding what trans looks like and means for you.
Ways we may work together:
- Support you and work with you wherever you are in the transition process
- Help you identify what your transition process is and what makes sense for you
- Help you give voice to your past experiences as well as your current situation
- Address relationship support including what is working and addressing what is not
- Help you develop a supportive community whatever that means for you
- Address any past traumas and work towards healing
- Help you get connected to the resources you want including physicians or support groups
- Assist you in finding your voice to be a part of your community in a way that works for you
- Help you identify and advocate for your needs
- Help advocate for you
- Help you develop healthy self care
- Help you love your beautiful self
I also work with partners of trans folks assisting them in whatever individual issues may arise during their partner's transition.
My offices have private, trans freindly bathrooms located on the same floor as my office.
As a therapist working with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer and intersex people I will:
- Do my best to be non-discriminating in my language and let you define your use of pro-nouns that we use or do not use
- Understand that being LGBT-QI may not be the primary reason you may be seeking additional support or assistance
- Understand that being gay, lesbian, trans, intersex or gender queer comes with its unique challenges and benefits. I will be non-judgmental while allowing you to identify and discuss them.
- Understand that your body is your choice and my only goal is to create a healthy atmosphere for you to explore feelings, experiences, goals and decisions about your body and your health